Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Welcome!

Welcome to InstinctivelyYouCreations! This blog was created for me to tell my thoughts about my current projects and inspiration for crochet. Below is the text from my about me page:

My name is Alyssa and I am a 20 year old college student. This is my second year of college.I have an identical twin sister named Alexis and when we are together we are all kinds of trouble. Also I have a boyfriend of four years this May. Recently I made the switch of majors to biology in hopes of getting into optometry school to become an optometrist.
Jared and I


Crochet is an outlet for my stress and helps me feel creative after a long week of repetition. Many times you can find me snuggling under a blanket studying for class and crocheting another project.

Alexis and I

Overall I would consider myself a beginner when it comes to crochet. I started to learn my senior year in high school but all I could do was make a chain and maybe a second row. After a few weeks of chaining stitches I knew that I was ready to learn something new. However this time was hectic for my family life and that along with the stress of senior year left me little time to spend learning something new.

The fall of my first year in college I started to learn how to knit. Now I know the basics but it was difficult for me to stop working on a project and pick it up at a later date. This caused me to lose interest and after a few months schoolwork once again became overwhelming and I stopped knitting.
Alexis and I (I am on the right!)



Then in the summer of 2013 I was a nanny for five children from multiple families and ranging in age. I began crocheting again and taught the two girls that I watched after learning myself. Throughout the summer I learned so much more than I expected and I fell I love with crochet.

Since then most of my free time from schoolwork is spent crocheting of spending time with my boyfriend and family.

One of my favorite pictures with my sister.

This blog was created for me to share my ideas and thoughts with others. The fact that I have just begun to learn more about crochet allows me to give a beginners perspective on patterns and stitches. Hopefully this blog will help me learn along the way!

 So if you have any more questions feel free to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment