Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Review of the Luscious One Skein Cowl

This year for Christmas I was lucky enough to receive all kinds of new yarn from family members. The only downside was that I only received one skein of each new color so I needed a project that I would be able to complete with only one skein.  Tamara Kelly over at mooglyblog.com has wonderful patterns and in the past I have finished quite a few of them. Her patterns are very easy to follow along and she has video tutorials for each stitch that she uses in her patterns. If you haven’t visited her blog before I highly recommend it!

The pattern that caught my eye was the Luscious One Skein Cowl I mean how perfect is that it has exactly what I need in the pattern name. Overall the pattern can seem a little scary with all the new concepts for those who are just beginning but for those who do not want to learn something new each stitch has a variation that just about anyone can learn to do.
Finished the starting chain
Almost finished cowl
 For the pattern I chose to do the foundation single crochet but a chain and then a single crochet row works just as well. For the chainless starting double crochet I opted out and chose instead to chain three and continue on with the pattern. The yarn that I used for this project was from the Deborah Norville Collection Serenity Chunky Yarn which is a (5) bulky 3.5oz 109 yard acrylic skein. Also I opted for a smaller crochet hook than recommended and the result was a thicker resulting cowl. I love the colors of the yarn and coupled with the pattern my overall product is just what I was hoping for.
The finished Product
Front view of the Finished Product

Close up of the finished product
This pattern is great for a beginner and expert as well and the resulting product would make a perfect gift. My new cowl will be making its way into my mother’s closet because as soon as she saw it I could tell she wanted it. What will you do with your new cowl? Do not forget to check out mooglyblog.com to see some more great free patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment